Saturday, August 8, 2015

Folkster Vintage Kilo Store, Kilkenny


 The Basement, 27 Patrick Street, Kilkenny

I have made no secret of my love for Folkster and their vintage kilo sales on this blog. You can read all about the insanely good haul I picked up at their vintage kilo sale last year here. So it's no surprise that I was very happy to hear they were opening a kilo store under their Kilkenny Folkster store (they also have a Dublin based Folkster store). I got the chance to drop into the new kilo store today and I was very impressed. Anyone who loves vintage and a bargain needs to get down there asap! So how does it work? In the kilo store they sell clothes by the weight rather than the price tag, with a kilo costing €20. You can buy whatever weigh you please, naturally heavy materials like sequin and beaded items are going to cost more compared to summer dresses, so bear that in mind if you're looking for big bargains. To give you an idea of what you can get, when I went to their kilo sale in Smithfield, I picked up 4 pairs of shorts, 1 skirt, 1 camouflage jacket, 1 jumper and 3 bandannas for €38.40. The store is crammed with vintage finds, plenty of pieces for festivals and also some sale stock from the Folkster store upstairs. There's plenty of reduced price shoes, included Jeffrey Campbell boots, to keep shoe lovers happy too. The kilo shop is open ever Friday, Saturday and Sunday and is restocked every week. Let me know if you visit and if you pick up any gems!

What's your favorite vintage stores, share your shopping secrets!
xox

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love vintage stores like this as there are always hidden treasures to be found!!

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an awesome store! Recently went to a kilo market, loved that - don't love the Kilo shop in Amsterdam, though. x!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too old and heavy chested for the average thrift store but can I just say your photos are exquisite - so artistic 👌🏻
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this store I just fainted with jealousy! It looks super fab and I wish I could go there as I love buying stuff second hand and hunting through thrift stores for that perfect garment!! I live over in Sweden and we have a few good stores, like Humana, Erikshjälpen and Myrorna. But I've never stumbled across a store where you buy clothes in kilos. So cool!!!
    // Sara xx

    www.saralindberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig