Monday, February 9, 2015

January Favorites



It's already February and nearly time for Valentine's day. I haven't had a chance to do any outfit pictures yet this month as I'm a little under the weather, so I thought it was the perfect time to do a monthly favorites instead. My favorites for the first month of the year, had little to do with beauty products and more to do with sales bargains and making my home cozy. The single beauty related item is this St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse, which I loved. It was my first time using it and I'm no fake tan expert, but I found it really easy to apply without streaking, it wasn't sticky and it didn't leave a strong tan smell. It's colored so it's easy to make sure you don't miss any patches when applying and it lasts for several days. I put it on the night before I wanted to use it as it does develop more over time, I showered the next morning but one coat of the medium tan was still perfect for me. I bought mine in my local chemist but I'm pretty sure it's available in Boots and Primark too. 
Next up are my sales bargains, I've wanted white leather Converse for ages as my cloth pair are more brown than white at this stage. They are quite a bit pricier at around €70 but I came across a pair marked down to €45 in the Bank closing down sale and had to get them. I wear Converse constantly to work so I'm hoping these will hold up a little better. One of my favorite shops for getting bargains or just simply wasting my money is TKMaxx. I got this Steve Madden overnight bag for €45, it's really roomy and has the prettiest lining and detailing. It's perfect for throwing my stuff in for going home to visit for a few days, heading to the gym or travelling. 
As the weather is pretty miserable at the moment, there's nothing nicer than curling up at home by the fire with hot chocolate and Pretty Little Liars, so I've treated myself to a couple of pretty home accessories lately. The Sleep candle in lavender and jasmine was €8.50 from Tesco and smells so so good,  I also picked up the Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful cushion from Tesco for €11. With my home all cozy I obviously need a good book to read. My boyfriend bought me Yes Please by Amy Poehler for my birthday because I love Parks and Recreations, it's an hilarious and honest mix of stories, photographs and advice. My favorite being "Good for you, not for me", basically do your own thing and let other people do theirs, definitely something to live by. 
My last few favorites of January are the beautiful pieces of jewelry my Mammy got me for my birthday in Folskter's Kilkenny store. I've been wearing the bracelet almost everyday since I got it, stacked up with Alex and Ani bangles. The color of the stones are gorgeous I just pair it with everything.       
What were your January favorites?
xox

Share:

3 comments

  1. Love your feb faves!! Need to read that book
    Martina xx

    Www.martinasmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this book really good? :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig