Sunday, January 4, 2015

December Favorites



My favorite items in December were a mix of fashion, beauty, chocolate and entertainment items. Some of these lovely things I received as Christmas pressies, some I treated myself too. Naturally as December is the month of Christmas celebrations and holidays, alot of my favorites this month are part of my ultimate relaxation kit; cozy slippers, a great book and the perfect hot chocolate. I love luxury and treating myself (who doesn't) but I also love a bargain, hence my fondness for TKMaxx and Kildare Village, both great destinations for buying brands for less. My newest TKMaxx find are these Emu Australia Talinga slippers in Chestnut which were €39.99 (RRP €92), they're 100% sheepskin and are literally the most comfy things I have ever put on my feet. For further pampering I got myself some fancy hot chocolate as I spend all winter drinking it covered in cream and mini marshmallows. This Prestat Maharjah's Chai Hot Chocolate Flakes was €6.99 from TKMaxx, you can currently get a three pack of different flavors here for £10. Now with fluffy slippers on my feet and a hot chocolate in my hand, it's time to curl up with a good read. My boyfriend bought me How to Be Parisian Wherever You  Are  for Christmas, it's witty and tongue in cheek, the perfect pamper evening read. After all the reading business, I'll throw on some headphones and listen to Taylor Swift or George Ezra with these cute spiky headphones I got in Tiger for just €8. I love Tiger for picking up cheap and cheerful bits for my home and it's amazing for little presents too. As December is the month for all things sequined, glittery and gold, my Lulu Guinness lip clutch was my favorite accessory of the month. I got this beauty for €180 at the Kildare Village Designer Outlet back in August, but they still have a great selection of lip clutches at the moment.  Lastly my beauty favorite of the month was the Full Exposure Palette from Smashbox, that you can pick up in Boots here for €44. My sister got me this palette as I was obsessed with hers. It's got 14 colors, 7 matte and 7 shimmer, all pigmented and so pretty, it also comes with a mascara and a guide for using the palette. It has me finally experimenting more with eyeshadow, I'm often a fan of just some smudged eyeliner and go, but not any more!

What were your December favorites?
xox
Share:

3 comments

  1. In LOVE with the headphones! And the book is in my list too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Cool items, love the headphones!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your favourites <3 I really want to get the "How to be Parisian" book it sounds amazing! xx

    All the best for 2015 ♥

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig