Thursday, September 11, 2014

What I did in Liverpool: Day 3



Our third and final in Liverpool started with standing among thousands of people to catch a glimpse of The Giants. Memories of August 1914 is a commemorative event to mark this August being 100 years since World War I began. It was a spectacular street performance with gigantic models making their way around Liverpool, for more about their story read here. After the buzz, crowds and heat of the parade we went somewhere a little cooler and relaxed to learn about the Beatles. The Beatles Story is the world's largest permanent exhibition about the band. It tells their fascinating story from the very beginning, has audio to tell the story throughout and is simply an explosion of color, sound and information. After all that information we were just plain starving, so we headed to The Slug and Lettuce for some lunch. We both had burgers, I had the Swiss, and they were just what we needed, tasty and filling. Before we left Liverpool we visited a few landmarks central to The Beatles; The Grapes pub where the Beatles used to drink before playing at The Cavern, as it didn't serve alcohol back then. I love visiting museums to learn about new places but there is nothing quite like visiting the real landmarks where history was made. After that all there was left to do was grab our suitcases and bid farewell to Liverpool a great city that I can't recommend enough for a girly trip. 

Next up in my travel posts is my trip to York and then in a few days I'm off to Sorrento so I guess I better get packing!
xox
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've just graduated from
    Liverpool john moores and your posts make me miss it! Such a wonderful city, and looks like you made the most of it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you had so much fun! Liverpool is definitely a place I'll have to visit when I get to vacation in England. Someday. Lol.
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had such an amazing time! I've never been to Liverpool, but your pictures are definitely inspiring me to make the trip! xx

    francesca | on-thebias | fashion, beauty, lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look totally cute in your dresses!

    http://nativewanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig