Friday, August 31, 2012

An Instant Outfit Update




Updating clothes you already own is a budgeting basic and it is so easy to do. Just take a simple dress, shirt, blouse etc. and cinch it at the waist with your favourite belt. You can buy belts cheaply in charity shops or in Primark. I splashed out a little for this particular belt I bought yesterday because I was buying it to wear for my upcoming Graduation ball, but I know I'll wear it alot to change up my going out dresses. This highly embellished belt is on sale right now in Zara and it cost me €22.95. A belt like this is an investment because it's such a statement piece, it's also elasticated so it's very comfortable. I love how it adds a slightly edgy vibe to a dress and it strangely reminds me of Sons of Anarchy which my boyfriend introduced me to lately. Here's just an example of something I'd pair it with, a simple black dress I bought for my birthday last year, I got it on sale for €10. It's quite a loose dress so belting it around the waits makes it much more flattering. Pair it with some studded ankle boots and it's a completely different look without buying a new dress.



Outfit details: Dress (Dunnes Stores) €10 on sale, Belt (Zara) €22.95 


I'll be posting photos of my Grad Ball outfit once the ball takes place, I'll be wearing my debs dress from 4 years ago that my mum remade to look like a totally new dress without spending any money, I can't wait!

P.s. Images property of thriftylilpixie

xox
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig