Saturday, March 26, 2011

Being Little: Blogger spotlight





I'm back again! I've been away and have so many stories to tell and pictures to share. But first I have been really looking forward to this post, a little interview with one of my favourite bloggers; Lyzi from being little It's full of warm and friendly posts, impeccable style, baking projects, and beautiful pictures, it's just the perfect life blog! So enjoy her interview below and if you haven't already visited her blog do so straight away. Enjoy xox

Blogging:



How did you come up with the name of your blog? I'm quite little and have had many nicknames revolving around this fact - Little Lyzi, Lil, Little Legs, Little Head.. etc. It's generally about my life and what it's like to be me, so I decided to name my blog Being Little.

What inspired you to start a blog? I've had blogs since I was about 15, but this is the only one I've really put my all into. Ones I've had in the past were either to post my hormonal teenage rants, or for my artwork while I was at college and uni. I think it's a great way to share your thoughts on many different subjects, share skills and secrets, and to connect to so many people so easily.

Besides blogging, what are your hobbies? What do you love doing? I love to create things in general. I have a massive passion for drawing and illustration. However, I have suffered from ME for the past few years so I can't do as much as I'd like to. I also love baking and cooking, as you may notice from my blog! And along with many other girls in the world, I love shopping and finding a bargain!

What's your favorite part of blogging and the blogging community? I think my favourite part is feeling like I belong to something. I've "met" some amazing girls through blogging, and now I can't imagine not having them in my life! I also love sharing my passions with other people, and getting lovely feedback.

What advice would you give to others starting a blog? Create a blog that you would enjoy reading. Make the layout simple and accessible. Always be honest and true to yourself.

Has blogging helped you grow /learn about yourself? I think it has, yes. I feel like I've learnt quite a lot over the past few months, both about myself and the rest of the world. Getting such positive feedback has really helped me accept myself the way I am, and has given me the drive to become a successful maker of pretty things.

What are your favourite blogs? This is a reeeeeaaaally tough one, as I love so many blogs! I don't actually think I can answer it without listing about 20 blogs! Haha


Life:



What inspires you?
Might be a bit of a cliche, but absolutely everything inspires me. I'm not sure how much more I can elaborate on that. I'm a very visually influenced person - I love to just look at everything and soak it all in.

Who is your hero? I have two heroes - my late Grandad, and my best friend, Oli. Though, all my friends and family are a little bit heroic in my eyes.

What do you like to do to treat yourself? Make myself something yummy to eat, paint my nails, or buy myself a little something. Now that I have to pay rent etc I'm tryyyying to do things which don't cost too much!



What’s something most people don’t know about you? I am fascinated by sea creatures of all kind, and love learning about them.

You describe your blog as a life blog and you share a little about having ME/CFS, have you any advice to others struggling with this? Yes - don't go through it alone. I spent a lot of time trying to fight it on my own, and would not ask for help, and this just made it worse. It really helps to talk to people (as many people as you can! Anyone who will listen!) and to get as much information about it as possible. It also really helps to talk to people who are going through similar things, as it makes you feel a little less insane!

What is your dream job? At the moment I'm in the process of making lots of lovely things, as I'd like to set up an online shop. If this is successful, I'd love to one day have a real-life shop or two! Fingers crossed.

Where would you most like to visit/live? I'd love to visit pretty much everywhere, but that's unlikely to happen! I'd love to go somewhere that has a completely different culture to here, as I've never really experienced that. But as for where I'd like to live, I think I'd have to stay in England. I'm a bit of a home-bird.

What makes you happiest? My friends, good music and sunshine.

Style:


How would you describe your style? I'm not sure, a bit of a mish mash! I have a lot of different influences from vintage to children's clothing to art. Some days I like to look really cutesy, other days I pretty much dress like a boy. It's hard to define something which changes every day!

Is there an outfit in you wardrobe you go to again and again? I find it very easy to slip into a rut of leggings and a big tshirt, so I try and mix it up a little when that starts to happen. I don't think there's one specific outfit that I always go to. Maybe my pyjamas? :)

Who are your style icons? What else inspires your style? I have so many! Gizzi Erskine is a major one for me at the moment. But I get my inspiration from anywhere and everywhere.

Where do you love to shop? My favourite places to shop are charity shops, markets and vintage shops for one-off pieces. I also shop at high street stores like New Look, H&M, Topshop and Primark.



If your blog had a motto what would it be? Probably just "be yourself"



See more at being little

xox
Share:

3 comments

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig