Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blair on a Budget





I've been busy nonstop since the wedding, no time for adventures or excursions lately. All I've had time to do in my free time is drink ridiculous amounts of tea, read a couple of girly books and get a little rest in. Now that the summer holidays are coming to a close, I'm starting a list of things I want to do for the winter (just like my summer list, although I love the winter far more). Any ideas? Is it bad that I'm already excited about Christmas? It really is bad.




Anyway on to my outfit, this is my budgeted version of Blair Waldorf. It's not intended to be a replica of any of her outfits, just inspired by her look...minus the crazy price tags and the seriously uptight vibe she gives off! I wouldn't normally be one for hairbands but you just can't do Blair's look without one can you?




This dress has already made one appearance on the blog, worn by my sister, it's one of only 2 items of clothing I've purchased all summer. I bought it with a black boyfriend cardigan on a day out because the dress I was wearing was driving me mad it was so uncomfortable. This entire outfit is almost all Primark. Outfit details: Dress (Primark) approx. 15 euro, Heels (Zara) approx. 20 euro (these heels are becoming a bit of a regular on the blog), Hairband, Bangles and beaded necklace (worn as a bracelet) all Primark and all presents from friends so FREE. My version off Blair costing a grand total of 35 euro and the only thing new is my dress. Okay so no one will mistake me for the Queen Bee of Constance Billard School but it's just one of the great things about clothes and fashion; you can create a costume, get into character, be from any era and just have fun with it!
xox


The Inspiration:

My version:
Share:

3 comments

  1. Lovely!

    xxx

    http://sixties-jaren60.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so lovely, definitely feeling the blair vibe! =] x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo that is so cute! Good job...lovely. I do love that look. Very classic & you did it cheap. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig