Sunday, June 27, 2010

Celebration time!





'Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.'
Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)
(Talk of exams and results warrants a profound little qoute about learning I reckon)
Exam results are in and now the summer is truly underway without any stress looming over. The past week was so much fun celebrating our results at the horse races. Visiting the zoo. Relaxing in Phoenix park. The Zoo is probably my favourite place to visit, I get more excited at seeing the baby elephants and rhinos and tiny penguins than any one else there. It was the perfect day, not too busy, sun splitting the sky and warming our faces (layered on the sunscreen of course Irish pasty skin doesn't do too good in the blazing heat),when the heat got too much it was off to the park to laze in the shade. The summer just isn't complete without a day at the zoo, feeling little again in awe of the lions and enormous gorillas.
Then it was off to the horse races, somewhere I have never been (nor have I been dog racing or any racing for that matter). The glamour was impressive to say the least and the maxi dresses were plentiful in every colour and pattern under the sun. I won a whole 11 euro (amazing how exciting I thought that was considering I spent 10 euro on bets, so my profit was a good 1 euro). Feasted on hot dogs covered in chutney and strawberries in chocolate sauce.
My outfit for the races wasn't exactly 'race style' lacking the head piece and dress but hey it was cold!








Outfit details: Jacket (Dorothy Perkins) second hand, sequined jumper dress (river island) was a Christmas present, jeans (borrowed from sister), gold heels (river island), Gold scarf (borrowed from mammy), gold mirrored bangle (second hand).
















I love how the elephants look like their laughing away together
Perfect week with the perfect people :)
Huge picture overload I know but I just love to record everything. I'm so happy this summer is giving me the opportunity to do so much more photography. It's amazing how we don't always make time for things we enjoy when we're busy and stressed, when in fact its just what we need most.
P.s. All images property of Thriftylilpixie
xox
Share:

6 comments

  1. Ohh so cool You had a fun day!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment
    Keep following
    Love, johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how your outfit has a bit of sparkle to it...
    and o.m.g. those penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice day out! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog - I love the maxi dress in one of the previous posts by the way!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn is really an icon. Love her. Ah I'm loving this post!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment
    Keep following
    Love, johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a lovely day :)

    Our brand new blog, and our first. Take a peek.
    www.apieceofcrapdepartment.blogspot.com

    best regards from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that sounds like you had so much fun! I've never been to horse racing..do want to go one day and really dress up hehe! Loving the blog!

    www.whatwouldleoniewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig