Saturday, February 20, 2010

She Geek


Flicking through old magazines (I hoard piles and piles of them) I came across an article in the January 2010 issue of THE GLOSS heralding the arrival of a new fashion heroine the She Geek. This style is a refreshing departure from the look of excess, designer labels, flashing cash and over styling that just doesn't seem right in the period we are now living in.
'The She Geek favours substance over style, modesty over exhibitionism...Her style heroines are Chloe Sevigny, her ambition is to pursue a career in literature, green technology or developmental aid, and her philosophy, to reuse and recycle relentlessly' -Rose Mary Roche, The Gloss
To embrace this look its all about individuality and intelligence. It's mixing vintage with charity shop finds, denim and boyfriend cardigans, knee high socks, comfy shoes, girly frocks and duffel coats. No She Geek would be complete with out her glasses. Her beauty regime is minimal, hair styling is practically unheard of and fake tan is a no go area.
For your She Geek inspiration look no further than Alexa Chung, Charlotte Gainsbourg, musician Tennessee Thomas and Lou Dillon. Just Look at Anne Hathaway who told GQ magazine that instead of glossy magazines favours physics textbooks.
She said: ‘I’m interested in elementary particles. What I like thinking about is how time and space exist in the universe and how we understand it.'
‘Any spare time I have, I bury my head in a physics textbook.'
Here's my selection of She Geek inspiration to get you started:










P.s. None of these images are property of thriftylilpixie, sources include www.garancedore.fr/en/, www.runwayhippie.com and google images. If you would like credit for any of these images or wish to have them removed just let me know
xox
Share:

2 comments

  1. Holy, alexa looks amazing in those photos, and the heart shaped dots are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love geek chic, it makes me so happy! There's nothing like throwing on a cute argyle sweater and glasses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig